Check out this great write up from one of our 1,000k riders:
The Nebraska Sandhills Randonneurs host ACP and RUSA sanctioned long-distance bicycle rides in and around the Sandhills region of our vast midwestern plains state. Pre-register for ride by contacting the RBA (below), and filling out a waiver & registration form. NESHR has no club membership dues, however, membership with RUSA is required for ride credit towards awards.
Your RBA and organizer is Spencer Klaassen. Feel free to email for more information!
We look forward to riding with you!
Latest News & Information:
Friday, June 24, 2016
Tuesday, June 7, 2016
Saturday, April 23, 2016
Nebraska will be running its first 1,000 K in the Sandhills region. Despite growing up in the Midwest, I didn’t know about the Sandhills until I rode some of Larry Larson’s brevets.
On day two the route continues west before entering the Pine Ridge/Nebraska National Forest area near Chadron.
From there the route heads out into the plains before stopping at Car-Henge on the way to Alliance.
The route then reenters the Sandhills a few miles east of Alliance and travels on the Sandhill Journey Scenic Byway (one of my favorite roads) to the overnight in Hyannis.
This ride has long distances between towns with no resources and little or no shelter and the possibility of winds, some which may be strong. This is a ride through vast stretches of rural America, with it’s own challenges, so no need for mountains!
If this interests you, we would love to share some kilometers with you.
Cue Sheets, Maps & More (updated 8/4/2016)
- ** 2016 Registration Form **
- ** Waiver & Release Form **
- Falls City-Fairbury 315k Cue Sheet (updated 9/6/16)
- Falls City-Fairbury 315k Map (updated 9/6/16)
- Falls City-Deshler 400km Cue Sheet (updated 9/25/15)
- Falls City-Deshler 400km Map (updated 9/25/15)
- Lincoln-Deshler 316k Cue Sheet (updated 9/6/16)
- Lincoln-Deshler 316k Map (updated 9/6/16)
- Lincoln-Blue Hill 600k Cue Sheet (updated 9/25/15)
- Lincoln-Blue Hill 600km Map (updated 9/25/15)
Webpage designed and hosted on Blogger.com - if you notice any problems with the site, broken links, etc., please feel free to email our webmaster, Keith Gates. Thank you!